Our research center and burner test area is located not far from our Milan commercial office. Our test area is able to test all types of process burners and it is composed of two furnaces with the following characteristics:
- Furnace nr. 1
- Furnace nr. 2
- Dimensions: Length = 6,0 m
Diameter= 1,75 m
Stack Height= 10 m;
- Maximum firing rate in forced draft conditions = up to 5,5 MW (for oil and gas horizontal firing);
- Maximum firing rate in natural draft conditions = up to 3,5 MW (for oil and gas horizontal firing).
- Dimensions: Length = 2,7 m
Width= 1,8 m
Stack Height= 11 m;
- Maximum firing rate in forced draft conditions = up to 2,5 MW (radiant wall firing or flat flame up-firing)
- Maximum firing rate in natural draft conditions = up to 1,5 MW (radiant wall firing or flat flame up-firing)
Both furnaces are used to carry out tests with fuel oil and fuel gas using the instrumentation needed to feed the burners and for the measurement of emissions in accordance with the procedures described in API R.P. 535 last editions.
Auxiliary equipments for furnaces
Fuel Oil: Storage capacity up to 500 liters.
Pump systems capable to deliver up to 5,5 MW at 25 barg.
Fuel Gas: Group of bottles of natural gas with pressure reducing station.
Gas train capable to deliver up to 5,5 MW at 5,0 barg.
Combustion Air: Blowers capable to suit requirements.
Preheated Air: Indirect gas firing heater able to reach the temperature required.
Compressed Instrument Air: Compressed air supply up to 8 barg.
Cooling Water: Civil water available in urban lines.
Electrical Power: 220 V 50 Hz 1 Phase.
380 V 50 Hz 3 Phases.
Furnaces instrumentation normally available to measurements
Automatic cabin for ignition and control panel by PLC and touch screen display.
Fuels pressures and temperature control instruments.
Fuels composition and flow rates control instruments.
Flue gas temperature in furnace and at stack control instruments.
NOx, O2, CO, CO2 measured in dray flue gas trough “Testo Analyzer” instrument.
Additional measurements are possible with special rental instruments.